Outreach and Communications Committee
Communications Director: Amanda Sanderson
The primary responsibility of the Outreach and Communications Committee is to provide information of interest and value to our SAME members and to provide vehicles of communication for input from SAME members to the Board of Directors and committees. The Washington DC Post effectively communicates the Society's mission, vision, history, strategic goals and objectives, and Post programs and activities to members.
The Communications and Outreach Committee:
- Sends out electronic updates and notifications on monthly seminars and programs.
- Prepares and distributes monthly newsletters.
- Performs content management and maintenance of the Washington DC Post Web site.
- Encourages members to provide editorials and recommendations.
- Circulates notices of other committee activities.
- Provides greater standardization of Post communication resources.
- Adheres to editorial calendar and timeline.
- Provides Post Officers and Directors with periodic updates on action items completed and in production.
- Communicates with other Post Committees and circulates news items and program announcements to committee chairs and members for review.
- Encourages SAME members to write articles and submit to both the Washington DC Post and national Society publications.
- Recognizes that any strategy in a dynamic action plan needs to be periodically reassessed and reevaluated in light of shifting Post resources and priorities, and changing SAME guidelines and directives.
- Welcomes challenges and remains flexible.
- Recognizes that all Post communication activities represent SAME.
- Recognizes that evaluation and measurement of success goes beyond winning awards.
- Acknowledges the importance of volunteering and community outreach initiatives.
The Washington DC Post Communications Committee publishes the bimonthly Post newsletter, The Patriot. The Washington DC Post newsletter and Web site are vital communication tools that aim to share information with our members. These communication tools are vibrant representations of who we are and what we are all about. To this end, the Committee seeks to keep members informed about industry news, Society and Post news, member news, member opportunities, and members in the news.
The Washington DC Post is committed to the Society values - Integrity, Patriotism, Public Service, Dedication to our National Security, Technical Competence, Excellence, and Environmental Stewardship. The
Washington DC Post's sustaining member firms and individual members
reach out to the local community, help foster public-private
partnerships, and contribute to the A/E/C industry.
In addition, the Communications and Outreach Committee assists the Post's Board of Directors with posting Board-approved information to our Web site and in
our newsletters, as well as sending out messages via our e-mail announcements list.
The Outreach and Communications Committee also manages the online registration portal with updating upcoming program and event information, the member feedback portal, by answering member inquiries and requests for additional information, and plans community outreach events for the year to better serve the needs to our community. Community Outreach initiatives planned for 2006 include the following:
- Race for Hope
- Golf for Hope
- Toys for Tots Drive
- Builders Ball
- Donate a Coat Drive
- CANStruction Event
- Support Out Troops
- Organization of Family Services
- Recognition Ceremony of our Deployed Troops