Upcoming Events & Post Information
DC Post Awards Nominations Due December 1
The Washington DC Post is soliciting nominations for its 20th Annual Awards to be presented at the Awards Luncheon this January 14, 2016. Many individuals and sustaining members of the Washington DC Post have made significant contributions to the Washington DC Post and National SAME, and/or their profession. The Washington DC Post Annual Awards are one way to recognize individuals and sustaining members for their contributions.
Click here for more information about the Awards Program.
Download and complete a nomination form
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS EXTENDED UNTIL DECEMBER 1st
SAVE THE DATE! SAME DC Post Holiday Party & Armed Forces Appreciation Night
Please join the SAME DC Post on December 3, 2015 for our annual Holiday Party and Armed Forces Appreciation Night. Chiefs from each Armed Forces branch have been invited to recognize an individual from their branch for outstanding service and commitment. Join your colleagues as we celebrate the holidays and the closing of another successful year! Prior to the event the Board of Directors will be holding a social for Young Members only.
When: Wednesday, December 3rd, 2015
Time: 6:00PM – 6:30PM – Young Member, Fellows and Board Social
6:30PM – 9:00PM – Holiday Party
Where: The Army and Navy Club of Washington, DC
901 17th Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20006
2016 Critical Infrastructure Symposium (CIS) Call for Papers!
The 2016 CIS is built around the theme, “Resilience: An Infrastructure, Social and Economic Imperative.” The technical program will include 12 sessions, each with up to four presenters from inter-related disciplines across the resilience community. This year’s conference will be hosted by the Infrastructure Security Partnership (TISP) Council of the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) and The Citadel. Help shape the future of resilience! Submit an abstract of a paper/presentation by December 18, 2015. Please see refer to the TISP website for more information: http://www.tisp.org/.
2016 Leadership and Mentoring Program for Young Members, Junior Officers, and NCOs
Applications Due December 31, 2015
The DC Post is now accepting applications for the 2016 SAME DC Post Leadership and Mentoring Program. This is a unique opportunity for Young Members, Junior Officers, and NCOs to be mentored by SAME Fellows and senior leaders while developing their leadership skills through focused educational sessions.
The program includes monthly meetings with Fellows to discuss various topics regarding leadership and professional growth. Please see our schedule for more details: LM Program Schedule
Up to 10 applicants will be selected to participate in the program and will earn 14 PDHs over the course of the year. Applications are due December 31, 2015: LM Program Application
For more information contact: Dr. Bob Wolff, PE (firstname.lastname@example.org - 301-983-8646).
Testimony from 2015 Leadership and Mentoring Program participants:
- An opportunity to develop leadership skills with an intimate group of Young Members while getting unprecedented face time with civilian and military leaders.
- Provided me with condensed, focused sessions on leadership, mentorship, and networking with civilian and military senior leaders to hear their nuggets of wisdom.
- Gave me the opportunity to make connections with each speaker, learn about their journey, and insight to better balance my work and personal life.
- The lab helped me to understand the importance of taking initiative in all areas of your life and to get to know a group of people who I did not know before.
- Open my leadership aperture; network and build friendships; develop critical thinking and public speaking skills; understand more deeply the mission of SAME and lifelong learning.
- Unbelievable opportunity to interact in a meaningful way with a cross-section of your military and civilian peers while learning from accomplished senior leaders across the A/E/C community.
SAME Quarterly Economic Snapshot Survey
SAME releases an Economic Snapshot Survey quarterly that measures macro trends in the A/E/C industry nationwide by taking a periodic snapshot of the market. View Survey Reports Here: http://www.same.org/index.php/component/content/article/1110.
The survey examines key economic-based factors including:
– Business Trends for the last six months
– Business Trends looking into the next six months
– Hiring and Staffing Trends in the Current Economy
Questions about the navigation and functionality of the
Washington DC Post Web
Site should be directed to the Web Manager at email@example.com
Site maintained by:
Site hosted by: